Breast Imaging by the Numbers
- About 1 in 8 women will develop breast cancer in their lifetime.
- 1 in 6 breast cancers occur in women 40-49.
- 3/4 of women diagnosed with breast cancer have no family history of the disease.
- Mammography has helped reduce breast cancer mortality by 40% since 1990.
- The overall five year survival rate for patients with newly diagnosed breast cancer is 89.7%.
East River Medical Imaging provides state of the Art breast imaging including 3D Mammography, Breast Ultrasound, and Breast MRI. Screening Mammogram patients will receive a phone call with final results within 24 hours of the examination.