What to expect during the procedure:
- Hip x-rays may be taken in the following positions:
- One from the front
- One from the side
- One with your leg turned out to the side with the knee bent
- Typically, x-rays are taken of both hips in comparison even if only one hip shows symptoms
- Please tell your physician and the technologist if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant.
- You will be provided with your own private locked dressing room which has an area to hang your clothing. You will be asked to remove any clothing, jewelry, or other objects that could obscure the x-ray. If you are asked to remove clothing, you will be given a gown to wear.